In 2017, the Historical Commission and city staff prepared a new site plan.
The Commission also made preparations to construct the Historic Train Depot Trail Amenity, which will be a park amenity built to look like the original train depot. Museum staff completed a Washington State Heritage Capital Grant application to finish construction documents for the new museum. The City was awarded the $970,000 grant for the project.
- Construction of Depot Trail Amenity - currently underway, expected completion February 2020
- Construction of a train-themed playground - expected completion Spring 2020
- Complete three interpretive panels for the site and trail - currently underway (Funded by the Burlington Northern Foundation and Lacey Rotary)
- Develop construction documents for museum
- Apply for funding for phase one of museum construction
- Finalize architecture and engineering for museum
- Develop interpretive plan for museum and core exhibits
- Develop an operations plan for the new facility
- Depending on funding, begin phase 1 construction