In 2009, the City of Lacey received an allocation of $164,900 through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009—Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) program. As a condition of the grant, the City was required to create an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy. This strategy outlines Lacey’s plan to address energy and resource conservation, incorporate measurable goals and objectives, provide for coordination with adjacent jurisdictions, and sustain benefits into the future. The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy was submitted to the Department of Energy by December 18, 2009, for review and approval.
Lacey’s Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy addressed the following measures:
- Conduct emissions inventory
- Establish a reduction target
- Develop an action plan to meet reduction target
- Implement the action plan
- Monitor and report progress
In addition to the above planning activities, four programs were selected for funding through the EECBG to create a positive impact on Lacey's environment:
- Resource Conservation Manager Program in municipal buildings and facilities;
- Energy Efficient Building Code Review for residential and commercial construction;
- Solid Waste and Recycling Program for municipal operations; and
- Thurston Climate Action Team subaward.
Updates on grant activities and budget expenditure details are available by calling the Public Affairs Department at (360) 491-3214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org