Permit Application & Fees
|| TO APPLY FOR A SIGN PERMIT ||
Please contact the Community Development Department for assistance and information on sign permits at (360) 491-5642 or email email@example.com.
|Residential and Commercial / Industrial Sign Application|
Complete and submit a Sign Permit Application
(available at the Community Development
counter at Lacey City Hall and online). A complete application includes site plan, sign design drawings, dimensions, mountings, and fees as described below.
- Provide two copies of the drawing of the sign,
including dimensions and the following information (if applicable)
- For Monument Signs, please provide a site plan
indicating where the sign(s) will be located and the distance from
- Information on how the sign(s) will be
attached, mounted or placed in the ground.
- For Wall Signs, please provide provide the final sign dimensions and the wall square footage dimensions.
The following types of sign permits require fees:
- Freestanding Sign: $251 per sign
- Wall Sign: $251 for the first sign, $131 each additional sign
- Alteration: $251 per sign
- Electronic Message Component: $351
- Electrical Signs (in addition to above fees if sign is electric): $46.80
for first sign, $22.10 each additional sign
Call Lacey Community Development at (360) 491-5642 to confirm costs for your sign permit.
- Submit sign permit application and appropriate fees.
- Plans are
reviewed by both the Planning and Building Divisions for compliance
with the sign ordinance and the building codes—this normally takes
about 2 weeks.
- You will receive a call from Community
Development staff when your permit is approved and ready to be picked up.
the sign is installed, call Community Development at (360) 491-5642 for
Fill out a Temporary Sign Permit Application
indicating the type of sign you are
requesting and provide an acknowledgment of the regulations pertaining
to that type of sign. There are no fees for temporary sign
applications (except for the College Street banner, which requires an
application and fee of $25.00).